Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Art353 Blockville, Reflective Essay

When I started looking for images to work with, I tried to find good video game concept art. As I was looking, I also found some interesting photographs of skyscrapers and moved on from there. Starting with very basic shapes like we did in this project is a good technique to form something before getting too detailed. It is a good technique to begin with that I will use often.

The pieces did not always come out exactly as I might have wanted because of the lighting. If I had the time, I would most likely go back and change the lighting to make the images look better. I decided a piece was finished when I was pleased with the look and decided it looked similar enough to the image it was based off of.

No comments:

Post a Comment